BridgeSource Utilities Solutions (BSUS) is seeking a Director Level ADMS Architect. This role is responsible for managing and supporting the configuration, deployment and tuning of OMS/DMS applications and technology for all projects delivered by BridgeSource Utilities Solutions. The following are some of the primary objectives of this role: Consult with customers on business goals, objectives, and needs as they relate to the use of SCADA/OMS/DMS systems. Deliver configured systems using Hitachi approved product implementation standards. Acquire working knowledge of regional market needs and help drive standardization in the delivery process. Ensure adequate documentation of required processes and practices.
· Coordinate activities to accomplish project goals and objectives.
· Gather and validate data required to configure Network Manager SCADA//DMS/OMS applications.
· Provide technical assistance in evaluating performance and results of SCADA/DMS/OMS applications, systems, and procedures.
· Write and maintain functional specifications for new or modified business systems.
· Translate business models into an information system representation.
· Develop, coordinate, and implement plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
· Process data to create electric system data models, defining and debugging geospatial databases and other SCADA/DMS/OMS related data.
· Understand and be proficient in the use of Hitachi Energy Network Manager software.
· Track and identify changes to product documentation and support regional implementation units to understand changes in Network Manager products.
· Create or assist in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
· Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests.
· Conduct test of system functions, validate results, detect errors and coordinate resolution of identified problems.
· Monitor system performance and tune software parameters prior to system delivery.
· Some national and international travel may be required.
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communications skills are required to achieve cooperation, negotiate, and reach agreement with internal and external stakeholders.
· Expert knowledge of SCADA/DMS/EMS systems and applications to help resolve technical problems and provide guidance to group members.
· The ability to manage priorities and operate in a resource constrained environment is a must.
· Ability to lead and motivate internal and external teams.
This is a BridgeSource Utilities Solutions Director Role – Responsibility includes:
- Generate new business opportunities. Understand BridgeSource Utilities Solutions and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with other BridgeSource Utilities Solutions team members across all practices to serve client needs.
- Developing people (Manager). Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/training.
- Leading training sessions, writing blogs and creation of new vehicles for communication.
- Experience leading complex projects, long term strategic planning, scenario planning, and transformation.
- Helping IOU Utility’s conceive of and drive meaningful strategic vision and transformation across their organizations, leading with industry expertise and the full breadth of strategy development capabilities and approaches.
- Lead large, complex, programs that require specialized discipline and expertise.
- Deliver quality services. Value and model excellent client service by establishing goals and implementation plans to achieve high quality deliverables and within expected timeframes. Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Support the practice based on the incubated ideas from the BSUS
- Support the develop the strategic framework of the practice
- Support the develop solution and deliverables based on framework
- Build and utilize relationships in key areas internally and externally
- Oversee the quality and timely delivery of all project documentation and deliverables
- Establish and nurture client relationships within practice
- Contribute to the development and furthering of BSUS service delivery and methodologies and overall consulting infrastructure.
- Understand the market and actively keep informed of industry news as it relates to the practice
- Ensure strong relationships are managed with vendors and other consulting groups to ensure we are leading the industry in our efforts and delivery skills
- Present /attend forums and webinars when appropriate related to practice area
- Create tools necessary to manage their overall business when necessary
- Ambassador for culture – presentation, commitment, integrity