Under general supervision, supports key role of analyzing volumes on the large volume measurement system as well as other companies interconnect points. Assists with the development of transmission, transportation, sales, and natural gas measurement systems. Analyzes data from multiple sources to ensure proper application of data as well as data validity.
Maintains and supports the department’s technology infrastructure related to customer volume data collection and communications equipment The technology infrastructure includes data telecommunications, networks, hardware (volume correctors), systems software (Measurement Advisor, FlowCal, GUI applications, SQL, Access, and various web-based applications, GL Essentials, PragmaCad, WAM, SAP), systems management tools, utilities and the associated processes to maintain the technical infrastructure operations and components.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Applies advanced mathematical and measurement principles to ensure accurate measurement data is received and calculated correctly via electronic data collection systems. Serves as department measurement software administrator for multiple measurement software packages and ensures reliable integration of field measurement data and pipeline transaction management systems– manages users, groups, device configuration and applies oversite for application. 20%
• Verifies the accuracy of flow, temperature, pressure, time, reads, etc. for large customers received through measurement software and associates and compiles summary reports as scheduled and required. 20%
• Assists the Manager, Engineer, Analysts and Field Technicians with the operations, monitoring and troubleshooting of OT telemetry and field equipment 10%
• Adjusts, as necessary, to correct and document measurement discrepancies; verifies corrected volumes, positive meters, pressure, temperature, and super compressibility factors as well as BTU factors to uncorrected data 10%
• Compiles gas chromatograph data from internal and external sources; reads, verifies, and interprets accuracy of this data import into measurement system. This includes preparing the monthly BTU information required for billing. Responsible for pursuing any measurement data disputes with 3rd party operators or customers 10%
• Applies sound measurement practices to accurately prepare, analyze, and distribute unaccounted-for gas, peak day, and other special reports as required or requested 10%
• Prepares audit packages for internal and external use to verify accuracy and justification of measurement data 10%
• Assists with operational technology (OT) applications, devices, and compliance reports. Obtaining pricing, places orders and processes invoices. 10%
Key Internal: On a daily basis, communicates with Fuels Management, Gas Supply, Gas Control, and Customer Billing/Accounting. Provides guidance and dispatch to field personnel related to gas measurement OT concerns. Engage long term partnerships with Measurement Engineers, Field Technicians, Analysts, System Application Support Administrators
A minimum of 3-years of experience in natural gas pipeline measurement, field engineering, design, gas operations, fuels, analytics, billing, forecasting and/or maintenance; Experience providing functional guidance and/or leadership to operations staff.
Strong working knowledge of gas measurement practices (AGA) and requirements relative to natural gas measurement operations.
Must have a working understanding of maintenance, repairs, and calibration tasks on gas measurement equipment, including large meter sets, meter indexes, correctors, industrial AMR devices, PLC, RTU, NIC, chromatograph and SCADA equipment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a strong exhibited competence in Microsoft Excel, Power BI. SQL, experience using pivot tables and multi-scale graphics.
Support and services from the people who know your industry best.